Problems with kde3

Hey folks, I'm running -current and I installed the kd3 packages today and
I've noticed a couple of problems. One, when I start kde I get a segfault
error when it tries to load the background image. I attempted to run gdb on
it via the KDE application crash program, but it said no debugging symbols
were found. Second, I'm unable to create desktop shortcuts because it wants
to set the permissions of it to root:bin. I've looked in the kde config
manager and can find no way to change this.

--Chris

Visit your host, monkey.org