Re: Custom build lists

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 10:24:06PM +0000, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> Marc Matteo <marcm_(_at_)_lectroid_(_dot_)_net> wrote:
>
> > What I want is a way to specify a list of ports (with FLAVORS) I want
> > built and well... have them all built. :)
> >
> > I've tried a simple shell script and even a special Makefile listing the
> > ports I want as SUBDIRS
>
> That's the right idea..  Make a list of ports in subdir format as
> seen from /usr/ports, e.g.
>
>   audio/libao
>   audio/libogg
>   audio/libvorbis
>   audio/vorbis-tools
>
> and invoke
>
> $ make SUBDIRLIST=<listfile> bulk-packages
>
> from /usr/ports.

I put an sh script at http://www.jakemsr.com/openbsd/ports/ports_update
that makes a SUBDIRLIST file from the ouput of pkg_info.  It deals
with FLAVORS and MULTI_PACKAGES reasonably well, but it could probably
be more efficient.

It also has functions to do things with the SUBDIRLIST, like
rebuilding the ports, or fetching the DISTFILES.

It can also use the SUBDIRLIST to install binary pkgs.  I just used
it to install 119 pkgs from ftp.openbsd.org.

--
<jakemsr_(_at_)_jakemsr_(_dot_)_com>

Visit your host, monkey.org