Re: Custom build lists

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 12:27:44 -0500 (EST)
"jose nazario" <jose_(_at_)_crimelabs_(_dot_)_net> wrote:

> can you move the DISTNAME to PKGNAME, then you can drop MASTERSITES. i
> think that will override fetching the my-stuff thing and leave
> MASTERSITES untouched.

I just tried that - does not really work. It tries to download a no-name
file from ftp.openbsd.org at the end. Does not really matter, since the
dependencies are checked before the fetch stage, but it produces an
error message at the end, which is not good.

> alternatively build MASTERSITES to http://me.com/ ${MASTERSITES} or
> something equiv.

I have small dummy file at http://smagin.com/mysoft-dummy.tar.gz, it
gets downloaded quickly and gives no error messages.

Now, instead of creating different Makefiles for different machines
manually, I need to come up with a script that can generate an
appropriate Makefile based on what software is currently installed -
would be much easier to reinstall everything in a batch mode...

--
Andrey

Visit your host, monkey.org