Re: Custom build lists

On 03 Apr 2002 12:31:53 -0800
"Marc Matteo" <marcm_(_at_)_lectroid_(_dot_)_net> wrote:

> There must be an easy way to do this:
>
> What I want is a way to specify a list of ports (with FLAVORS) I want
> built and well... have them all built. :)
>
> I've tried a simple shell script and even a special Makefile listing
> the ports I want as SUBDIRS but I keep getting stuck on FLAVORS (not
> to mention SUBPACKAGES).
>
> Now, I could put real effort into this and put something together in
> Perl but I can't help thinking that there's a better (easier) way to
> do this.
>
> I especially like the custom Makefile idea - clean and simple and uses
> the existing infrastructure - but there must be a better way to
> specify particular FLAVORS.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Marc

That's weired - I was thinking about the same thing just two days ago
and came up with something like this:

mkdir /usr/ports/mystuff
# That's a reserved category name, specially for such things

mkdir /usr/ports/mystuff/mysoft
# Name this folder anyway you like

Create the Makefile in /usr/ports/mystuff/mysoft

# Start
COMMENT=                "my software"
DISTNAME=               mysoft-dummy
MASTER_SITES=           http://smagin.com/
WRKDIST=                ${WRKDIR}

CATEGORIES=             mystuff
NEED_VERSION=           1.500

PERMIT_PACKAGE_CDROM=   No
PERMIT_PACKAGE_FTP=     No
PERMIT_DISTFILES_CDROM= No
PERMIT_DISTFILES_FTP=   No

NO_REGRESS=             Yes
NO_BUILD=               Yes

BUILD_DEPENDS=  \
::net/samba/stable \
::sysutils/apc-upsd \
::net/ntp \
::mail/poppassd \
::mail/courier-imap \
:mysql-client-*:databases/mysql \
:mysql-server-*:databases/mysql \
::databases/p5-DBD-Msql-Mysql \
::net/wget \
::www/php4,imap,no_x11 \
::net/cvsup,no_x11

.include <bsd.port.mk>
# End

Now, if you do 'make && make clean' in that folder, you will get all the
packages listed as dependencies installed automatically. Note the php
flavors, samba stable branch and mysql multi packages.

You might want to use your own MASTER_SITES to fetch some small dummy
tar.gz file though.

I don't know how to get around the fetch stage - any ideas? Comments?

--
Andrey