Re: New: non-gnu getopt long

Okay.
I'm just making too many errors here and not knowing enough about interactions that I'm going to generate with this as a port.

It is different when I'm using it myself because it is a replacement and I don't worry about getopt, probably I should.

So, thank you very much for all the feedback I've received. It has greatly deepened my understanding of how to port something and how to make sure that something I write is more portable.

I will withdraw the port for the time being. If anyone wants the code to include in a program they want, well, it will still be up at my website. If the openBSD teams wants to incorporate a Public Domain getoptl in libc I'd be more than willing to lend a hand.

Particular thanks to Art and Damien and David.

I would still appreciate any further feedback on the port and if I can munge it into shape so that it doesn't cause any problems I will resubmit at that time. But, as has been pointed out, it would indeed be better as getoptl inside libc.
--
Liam Allen
allenwc_(_at_)_shaw_(_dot_)_ca

Visit your host, monkey.org