Re: new: graphics/sane-backends

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 04:28:34PM +0100, Srebrenko Sehic wrote:
> > However, if I install sane with the standard "make install" it works
> > just fine.
>
> That's rather wierd. Anybody has an idea why this is the case?
> Did you run 'configure' with any special arguments?

No, I did the following:

$ ./configure
$ gmake
$ sudo gmake install

> What does 'sane-find-scanner -d /dev/uscanner0' report?

sane-find-scanner: found USB scanner (UNKNOWN vendor and product) at device /dev/uscanner0

# `UNKNOWN vendor and product' means that there seems to be a scanner
# at this device file but the vendor and product ids couldn't be
# identified. Currently identification only works with Linux versions

I get the same message from sane-find-scanner whether I've installed
it with the package or as a "gmake install".

-Ryan

--
Ryan T. McBride, CISSP - mcbride_(_at_)_countersiege_(_dot_)_com
Countersiege Systems Corporation - http://www.countersiege.com