Re: new: graphics/sane-backends

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 01:16:57PM +0100, Srebrenko Sehic wrote:
> Attached is a port of SANE backends (Scanner Acceses Now Easy), version 1.0.6.
>
> It's is heavily based on Ian Darwin's 1.0.4 port posted a couple of months
> ago. Somehow, this rather usefull program never made it to the tree. Lack
> of testing from users I presume.
>
> Tested on my SCSI HP 5P on OpenBSD 3.0-stable using /dev/uk0.
>
> Please test this on others as well, especially on USB devices.

The port doesn't work on my Epson Perfection 610U USB:
scanimage: open of device epson:/dev/uscanner0 failed: Error during device I/O

However, if I install sane with the standard "make install" it works
just fine.

I did a similar port that I've been sitting on for a month or two
because of this problem - I can't figure out why it's behaving this
way, and haven't had much time to play with it.

-Ryan

--
Ryan T. McBride, CISSP - mcbride_(_at_)_countersiege_(_dot_)_com
Countersiege Systems Corporation - http://www.countersiege.com