ports placement question

Hi folks,

I've a question on the places of ports in the ports tree. I'm porting
some gnome software to OpenBSD, and I'm not sure where to put them in
the ports directory structure. For example, gnome-print could end up
both in ports/print and in ports/gnome/print. Nils Nordman's opinion is
to put only the base gnome stuff in ports/gnome, and put gnome-print
into ports/print. But as gnome-print is part of gnome (and heavilly
depends on it), it could IMO very well go into ports/gnome.

The same yields for gnomemm (C++ bindings for gnome).

What's your opinion on this?

Erik.

Visit your host, monkey.org