[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Was (on sparc@) Re: Web browser options?
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Was (on sparc@) Re: Web browser options?
- From: William Yodlowsky <bsd_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_rutgers_(_dot_)_edu>
- Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 23:48:26 -0400
- Mail-followup-to: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
This is sort of a success story / question...
Netscape can run under compat_sunos or compat_svr4 emulation. I just
did the latter by snagging these from a Solaris 8 box:
...and followed the instructions in the compat_svr4 manpage. I then
downloaded Netscape Navigator 4.78 from:
(all one link) and it worked out-of-the-box. And it even runs faster on
this ss5 under emulation than it did when the box ran Solaris 8 :-)
I'm wondering if this is worth massaging into the netscape port(s),
since sparc (on the surface) doesn't appear to have a gui browser
available, and there's bsdi and linux there already.
Visit your host, monkey.org