Re: WIP: Flash plugin

Marc Espie <Marc_(_dot_)_Espie_(_at_)_liafa_(_dot_)_jussieu_(_dot_)_fr> wrote:

> I'm all for installing the plugin into a separate directory and provide
> links instead.
>
> How about an installation script that would create the links if the right
> netscape and/or opera are there ?

I'm strongly opposed to ports installing differently depending on
whether another port is installed.  FreeBSD has partly gone down
that road and I don't like it.

However, I just realized we can handle this far more easily.  Opera
uses an environment variable OPERA_PLUGIN_PATH to locate plugins,
and I think Netscape uses NPX_PLUGIN_PATH.  We can drop plugins in
a central place and have the wrapper scripts set up the paths.

Suggestions for a location?

> You can build the netscape/opera package so that it warns you to grab flash
> as well if it can't find the flash plugin script.

Forward dependencies...