Re: Why were all DJB's ports removed? No more qmail?

On 4 Sep 2001, at 20:15, D. J. Bernstein wrote:

> P.S. Am I the only engineer on this mailing list?

Dan, I appreciate your vocal effort and the documents you reference
which detail and support your argument. Unfortunately, we all know
theory and practice are as day and night.

It appears that no one will go to the extent you have to prove
otherwise. Unless, Theo force fed the current developers and users
the change, monkeys will be monkeys. Monkey see, monkey do.

Just note the attitude towards PF and IPF; from one day to the
other, current and previous users of IPF used the software with no
negative retort. Darren lets the skeletons out the closet, a
OpenBSD replacement is started, and IPF is treated as a step
child.