Re: Why were all DJB's ports removed? No more qmail?

> Who are you to have the right to say to OpenBSD people what they must do?

I'm not saying what OpenBSD must do. I'm asking the /package opponents
to rationally justify their opposition, if they can, rather than
behaving like religious fanatics who say---as you did---that the world
will end if a file is named /package/math/nistp224/src/PUBLIC.base.

My web pages at http://cr.yp.to/slashpackage.html explain in detail how
/package eliminates several existing problems for users and programmers.
There doesn't seem to be any dispute that these problems have occurred,
that they are continuing to occur, and that /package eliminates them.

> > What's the _harm_ in using /package?
> Because we use to have /usr/local for this purpose.

The purpose is not the same. /package is a global namespace; /usr/local
isn't. /package allows system packages; /usr/local doesn't. Anyway, you
didn't answer the question: what is the _harm_?

> We got clean and structured tree,

Loaded words, again not backed up by any engineering sense.

---Dan

Visit your host, monkey.org