Re: New i386 package snapshot

Sebastian Stark <seb_(_at_)_todesplanet_(_dot_)_de> wrote:

> > > graphics/py-Imaging,1.5   python threading conflict  seb_(_at_)_todesplanet_(_dot_)_de
> > > graphics/py-Imaging,2.1   python threading conflict  seb_(_at_)_todesplanet_(_dot_)_de
> >
> > Handling this is beyond our current package building framework.
>
> Should we use IS_INTERACTIVE instead?

No.
If you use a different build order, or build just the right subset,
those ports are fine as is.  (Assuming there are no other problems.)

Currently, if you do a full packages build with the default build
order, python-*-threads is installed.  cooledit needs python without
threads, and py-Imaging needs python with Tk.

One idea would be a build scheme where the dependencies are removed
again after a package has been built.  I'm not sure how much relative
overhead that would create now that we have BIN_PACKAGES.