[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Netscape port export restrictions
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Netscape port export restrictions
- From: naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de (Christian Weisgerber)
- Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 20:09:33 +0000 (UTC)
- Newsgroups: list.openbsd.ports
Alexander Frolkin <alexander_(_at_)_frolkin_(_dot_)_demon_(_dot_)_co_(_dot_)_uk> wrote:
> From what I can see, by installing the www/netscape/navigator port in
> the UK, I would be breaking the law, since this appears to be an
> export restricted version.
Which UK/EU law are you thinking of exactly?
I understand that exporting the "strong crypto" version of Netscape
from the USA is fully legal according to US law, and has been for
some time. That's why Fortify has become useless.
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de
Visit your host, monkey.org