Re: Testing wanted: amanda patch

Tom Schutter <t_(_dot_)_schutter_(_at_)_att_(_dot_)_net> wrote:

> Here is what I have done as a major overhaul of the amanda port:

I appreciate the work.

I want Amanda users to test that the port *works*.  (I don't have
the time now to set up Amanda here.)

I have various smaller issues with the port as submitted, but these
can be taken care of easily:

>   Upgrade to amanda-2.4.2p2

That's problematical as a package name, because we have been marking
OpenBSD package revisions with a "pX" suffix. 2.4.2.2?

>   Configuration file now expected in /etc instead of /usr/local/etc

Actually, configuration should go under ${SYSCONFDIR}.
Yes, this is a problem for CONFIGURE_ARGS.

>   COMMENT is now more descriptive

You didn't test this, did you?  The COMMENT line contains shell
meta characters (parentheses).  It's generally good practice to
put COMMENT into quotes.

>   DESCR upgraded to 2.4.2p2 (was corrupt before)

I think DESCR is way excessive.

>   INSTALL now puts example crontab in correct location

Ship the example file in files/, copy it to the example directory
during the fake step.

> diff -c -r1.15 Makefile

(Please use unified diffs in the future.)

Tom, I'll send you fixes to most of the things above.