Re: rubybook port

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 07:23:33PM +0000, Christian Weisgerber noted:
> Ray Schneider <ray_(_at_)_hackfoo_(_dot_)_net> wrote:
>
> > I am following a convention of my own creation for those things Ruby living
> > in misc. Prefixing them with rb, which is ruby's extension.
>
> FreeBSD uses a prefix of "ruby-", puts ruby things into whatever
> category fits best, and has a virtual category "ruby".  (There are
> some 100 ruby-related ports in FreeBSD.)
>
> I for one would like us to follow this example.
>
> --
> Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de

I have no problem changing over to that convention.. I am aware of the FreeBSD
related Ruby ports. Please be aware that I dont recommend we blindly slurp
up Ruby ports from FreeBSD though. A lot of those ports are not listed
as stable by the people developing the ported programs.. If interested
visit http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/raa.html

Ive already made the change...its now, ruby-book.tar.gz for the
programming ruby book.
I will go ahead and make the change to the ri port as well.

-ray
http://hackfoo.net/~ray       <rayathackfoo.net>

Visit your host, monkey.org