[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: rubybook port
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: rubybook port
- From: naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de (Christian Weisgerber)
- Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 19:23:33 +0000 (UTC)
- Newsgroups: list.openbsd.ports
Ray Schneider <ray_(_at_)_hackfoo_(_dot_)_net> wrote:
> I am following a convention of my own creation for those things Ruby living
> in misc. Prefixing them with rb, which is ruby's extension.
FreeBSD uses a prefix of "ruby-", puts ruby things into whatever
category fits best, and has a virtual category "ruby". (There are
some 100 ruby-related ports in FreeBSD.)
I for one would like us to follow this example.
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de
Visit your host, monkey.org