[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
newdepends and 2.8-stable
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: newdepends and 2.8-stable
- From: Phil Pennock <Phil_(_dot_)_Pennock_(_at_)_globnix_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 20:11:51 +0200
- Organisation: Organisation? Here? No, over there ---->
I've searched this list and misc for "newdepend" and not seen anything
that helps, so ...
I have my box track -stable, not -current. So I've not gotten the new
pkg handling stuff. But I track -current in ports -- it's a stability
tradeoff. So, I can build ports okay, but when doing a before-and-after
check of "pkg_info -R png", I found that there were no dependencies
after I rebuilt them. Looking closer, I found that @newdepend was being
(1) Is it possible to have a pkg update made into a port, or something
which makes this available to -stable users, please?
(2) Is there a way to fix the dependencies on the installed packages?
Am I looking at having to code something myself in perl? If so,
what things should I be looking at? I think that checking the
version number from the name in /var/db/pkg-version against the
version in the ports-tree Makefile, and then pulling @newdepend
from PLIST should mostly handle it, but handling the FLAVOR stuff,
with the various PLIST amendments, seems potentially horrible.
A formal manipulator in mathematics often experiences the discomforting
feeling that his pencil surpasses him in intelligence -- Howard W Eves
Visit your host, monkey.org