[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: www/w3m: m17n flavor
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: www/w3m: m17n flavor
- From: naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de (Christian Weisgerber)
- Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 17:31:35 +0000 (UTC)
- Newsgroups: list.openbsd.ports
Federico Schwindt <fgsch_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org> wrote:
> > BTW, I think that "kanji" is a misnomer for the flavor. I should
> > probably just change it to "japanese". Opinions?
> Kanji's are used for both, japanese and chinese people.
(But "kanji" is a Japanese term.)
> If due to encodings it only understand japanese, then i'd say yes.
Due to my unfamiliarity with East Asian character sets, I don't
really know about this. However, the "kanji" flavor currently sets
the language of the program itself as well as that of the installed
documentation from English to Japanese.
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de
Visit your host, monkey.org