[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: PORTERS: we want real handles
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: PORTERS: we want real handles
- From: naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de (Christian Weisgerber)
- Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:31:23 +0000 (UTC)
- Newsgroups: list.openbsd.ports
Marc Espie <Marc_(_dot_)_Espie_(_at_)_liafa_(_dot_)_jussieu_(_dot_)_fr> wrote:
> > To split hairs: Do we also have a policy about the order of first/last
> > name?
> Yes and no. Conforming to local usage is nice. Most of the world puts
> first name first, except for japanese, who capitalize their last name and
> put it first.
If it only were so simple. In practice, when interacting with
Westerners, Japanese use every combination of order and (lack of)
capitalization possible. Admittedly this is a moot point at this
time, since we have few Japanese contributors.
Actually, the person who made me wonder about this is your fellow
Frenchman "Couderc Damien".
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de