Re: PORTERS: we want real handles

Marc Espie <Marc_(_dot_)_Espie_(_at_)_liafa_(_dot_)_jussieu_(_dot_)_fr> wrote:

> > To split hairs: Do we also have a policy about the order of first/last
> > name?
>
> Yes and no. Conforming to local usage is nice. Most of the world puts
> first name first, except for japanese, who capitalize their last name and
> put it first.

If it only were so simple.  In practice, when interacting with
Westerners, Japanese use every combination of order and (lack of)
capitalization possible.  Admittedly this is a moot point at this
time, since we have few Japanese contributors.

Actually, the person who made me wonder about this is your fellow
Frenchman "Couderc Damien".