w3m, quo vadis?

Our current w3m port is at version 0.1.10, which is getting really
old.

The official development by Akinori Ito seems to have fizzled out
at 0.1.11-pre.  From the patches that have sprung forth, Katsuya
Okabe's seem to have become recognized as the semi-official new
branch, now at 0.1.11-pre-kokb23.  It's what I've used locally for
some time.

Currently I'm looking at a multinationalized version by Hironori
Sakamoto, 0.1.11-pre-kokb23-m17n-0.12 in full.  This version should
support a wide variety of document and display character sets
including conversion from one to the other.  We'll see.

Anyway, we should consider upgrading our port.
(NetBSD is at 0.1.11-pre, FreeBSD at 0.1.11-pre-kokb23.)

Unfortunately almost all the development on w3m seems to be discussed
on the Japanese mailing list.

Anybody have any particular opinions where we should go with the
port?