Re: mkdir in Makefile

Brian <cazz_(_at_)_wezl_(_dot_)_org> wrote:

> The more I generate, the fewer issues I have.  Is there a better
> method to say "these 80 ports need $BAR changed to be like $FOO" than
> sending an e-mail to ports@ complaining about something?

I guess you could send a diff.  If the effort is large and the
utility potentially questionable, you might want to ask here
beforehand.

> A huge number of ports use mkdir instead of $INSTALL_DATA_DIR.

There are 60 or so ports that have "mkdir" in their Makefile. Quite
a few of those create directories under ${WRKDIR}.

There's all kinds of cruft and almost certainly also some breakage
in the ports tree.  Generally, when a port gets updated, it should
also be brought up to current standards.

> I am having uses with the current port I am working on, ndiff.  If
> RUN_DEPENDS includes a port, but you have port-flavor, it tries to
> install port.  Is there a way to say port-* (or port-ANYFLAVOR) for
> RUN_DEPENDS?

Known issue, and no.