useradd suggestion for ports

For ports that give suggestions on the useradd command to use, or add
users automatically, I'd like to suggest using the -r option, ie

useradd -g mysql -d /nonexistent -c 'MySQL Account' -r 1..999 -s \
	/sbin/nologin mysql

This would be of use for admins who use NIS, in that they may have a
few local accounts, but when mysql picks say 1003 it could step on a
NIS account. I know this doesn't happen often, but it would help keep
with the idea that this is a system account.

It'd also be nice to have a -r option for groupadd, I'll look at that
tonight.

jeff

--
Jeff Bachtel  (NOC,CIS,TAMU)    http://www.cepheid.org/~jeff
				[finger jeff_(_at_)_cepheid_(_dot_)_org for PGP key]