psql and readline

I just loaded the Nov 6 sparc snapshot on an SS-20, including the
package for postgresql-7.0.2. Very nice - I had been hand installing
postgresql and learned some tricks from the package.

One suggestion:

Command line history is really nice in the psql tool.

It is not in the present package due to history.h not being present
in /usr/include/readline. (This is an old bug in the release.)

The patch offered in bug report #1478 (fixing the install: target for
gnu/usr.bin/binutils/readline/Makefile.in to copy history.h along with
the other headers) should be applied to 2.8. If this is done, the
package builds with working readline support.

Thanks.

Visit your host, monkey.org