[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: News server running as stand-alone daemon
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: News server running as stand-alone daemon
- From: naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de (Christian Weisgerber)
- Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 14:49:02 +0000 (UTC)
- Newsgroups: list.openbsd.ports
A farmer using BSD, eh! <GreenNeck_(_at_)_use_(_dot_)_net> wrote:
> Hi all, does anyone know if ISC INN news server will be ported over
> after ports freeze?
Making a port of INN isn't difficult per se. It has been reported
here that INN runs out of the box on OpenBSD. However, INN is a
large and complex piece of software, and making it package properly
is a lot of slave work. There are also some packaging issues with
regard to the news spool.
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de