cgi flavor of php4 ?

Two things:

First, I keep having to manually patch php4's configure script to have
it work, its inserting '-l' into the LIBS variable it uses for
compilation (seemingly from its threads check). I was wondering if
anyone else was having this prob?

Second, would it be possible to make a cgi flavor or port? (since IIRC
you can't have different flavors of same package installed). All you
do is set the PHP_SAPI=cgi environment variable (necessary for web
hosts in which you use apache's suid scripts feature).

jeff