[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
NO_WRKDIR should die
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: NO_WRKDIR should die
- From: Marc Espie <Marc_(_dot_)_Espie_(_at_)_liafa_(_dot_)_jussieu_(_dot_)_fr>
- Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 21:14:51 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
I want to thoroughly remove the atrocity known as NO_WRKDIR from the ports
The only ports that make use of it currently are xview-*, and what those ports
are trying to achieve is thoroughly *evil*. There are much nicer, if slightly
less efficient, ways to handle the same problem.
In particular, related ports can be put into a set of subdirectories, and
common information can be obtained by using a Makefile.inc in the main
Any port that wants to use NO_WRKDIR has absolutely no location to store
cookies, so the ports Makefile mechanism is thoroughly confused there...
NO_WRKDIR, any last word ?
|anime, sf, juggling, unicycle, acrobatics, comics...
|AmigaOS, OpenBSD, C++, perl, Icon, PostScript...
| `real programmers don't die, they just get out of beta'
Visit your host, monkey.org