NO_WRKDIR should die

I want to thoroughly remove the atrocity known as NO_WRKDIR from the ports
tree...

The only ports that make use of it currently are xview-*, and what those ports
are trying to achieve is thoroughly *evil*.  There are much nicer, if slightly
less efficient, ways to handle the same problem.

In particular, related ports can be put into a set of subdirectories, and
common information can be obtained by using a Makefile.inc in the main
directory.

Any port that wants to use NO_WRKDIR has absolutely no location to store
cookies, so the ports Makefile mechanism  is thoroughly confused there...

NO_WRKDIR, any last word ?
--
	Marc Espie