Re: Ports tree version numbers UNLOCKED

Christopher Turan <turans_(_at_)_umich_(_dot_)_edu> wrote:

> You can change version numbers now.  Make sure that if you upgrade a port,
> the reason is sound.  "A new version is out" is not a good reason.

I assume this means that new ports can be added, too.

If anybody cares, there are several ports available from under my
homepage <URL:http://home.pages.de/~naddy/unix/index.html#OpenBSD>.
These have been introduced on this list before.

- bvi: editor for binary files with vi-like interface.
- cvsup-bin: network file distribution system; the port imports
  the i386 or sparc binary on those architectures. (Source build
  requires Modula-3 which doesn't exist on OpenBSD.)
- elvis: yet another vi clone.
- ksh93: AT&T Korn Shell; the port imports the i386 or sparc binary
  on those architectures. (No source available.)

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                  naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_rhein-neckar_(_dot_)_de

Visit your host, monkey.org