Midnight Commander

Hello everyone,

I am pretty new to OpenBSD (my background is in SunOS, Solaris
and Linux) but I already like it a lot. Before the end of this
year I am going to replace two systems with OpenBSD boxes, my
firewall at home that is now a 386DX running Linux and another
non-related system running SunOS 4.1.3 on some obsolete Sun
hardware.

I have an OpenBSD 2.5 box with a ports tree from a recent snapshot
and I noticed that the Midnight Commander is missing. I do see
"deco" which is also supposed to be a Norton Commander replacement
but I am completely unfamiliar with it.

Now, before I start doing all the necessary work to create an OpenBSD
port of the Midnight Commander (http://www.gnome.org/mc/) I'd like to
know if this has been discussed before and if there were any issues
with it? Or is "deco" simply superiour, or something?

If not, I think I am going to read through all the available
documentation on how to create a port this weekend and make my
first contribution to this project by porting one of my favourite
applications under Linux, the Midnight Commander.

CU, Sico (sico_(_at_)_xs4all_(_dot_)_nl).