Re: screen from snapshots/packages

On Tue, Oct 19, 1999 at 01:11:29AM +0200, Vadim Vygonets wrote:

> is not really different from the rest of the OS).  I would love
> to see OpenBSD using /usr/contrib, /usr/ports (in which case the

/usr/contrib makes a bit of sense.

> source has to go into /usr/src/ports or something), or /usr (yes,
> with the rest of the OS) for the ported packages.

Please, God, no.  I really think its annoying when packages decide to just spew a bunch of crap all over the filesystem, especially when it targets /usr.  Makes it a little annoying to remove things later if you replace something.

I like recompiling perl and all the modules I like to use.  I put that in
/usr/local and use /usr/local/bin/perl when i need those things, but 99% of the time just use What The Blessed Vendor Gave Me to start with.

Putting a bunch of things in /usr reminds me far too much of the billion RPM's  RedHat Linux uses.  Its annoying as all hell.

--
yeah how we gonna kick it?  gonna kick it root down!  -beastie boys
http://gravity.hellyeah.com		use OpenBSD! http://www.openbsd.org