Re: GNOME and OBSD

Quoth Ian Main on Wed, Sep 15, 1999:
> Just cause I'm masochistic, I had GNOME working on obsd about a month or two
> ago.. I had to make a few changes to the source though.

A collegue of mine compiled GNOME on BSDI 4.0.1.  It was a pain.
If you want the patches, I can give you his e-mail address.  It
shouldn't be hard to make something which is ported to BSDI to
work on OpenBSD.

> As an aside, I think it's hard to compile on Linux as well.. if one peice
> screws up..

Which it does.  According to the said collegue, the documentation
is almost useless.  They even haven't got the order in which you
should compile things correct.

Vadik.

--
To err is human, to moo bovine.