[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: GNOME and OBSD
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: GNOME and OBSD
- From: Vadim Vygonets <vadik-openbsd-ports_(_at_)_cs_(_dot_)_huji_(_dot_)_ac_(_dot_)_il>
- Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 03:20:45 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Quoth Ian Main on Wed, Sep 15, 1999:
> Just cause I'm masochistic, I had GNOME working on obsd about a month or two
> ago.. I had to make a few changes to the source though.
A collegue of mine compiled GNOME on BSDI 4.0.1. It was a pain.
If you want the patches, I can give you his e-mail address. It
shouldn't be hard to make something which is ported to BSDI to
work on OpenBSD.
> As an aside, I think it's hard to compile on Linux as well.. if one peice
> screws up..
Which it does. According to the said collegue, the documentation
is almost useless. They even haven't got the order in which you
should compile things correct.
To err is human, to moo bovine.
Visit your host, monkey.org