Re: What build variables to respect?

From: naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_rhein-neckar_(_dot_)_de (Christian Weisgerber)
Subject: What build variables to respect?
Date: 30 Apr 1999 12:24:24 +0200

> What build variables should be respected by a port?
> PREFIX, of course. What else? CFLAGS? CC?

Setting additional C options to COPTS sometimes (not always) works.
It works if

 1. the program uses autoconf,
 2. the wrapper passes CFLAGS to autoconf, and
 3. Makefile of the program does not override CFLAGS.

It does not work hopelessly if the program uses imake.

In case the program uses neither autoconf nor imake, it depends how
Makefile uses CFLAGS.  I will make a patch for some of them.

		Kamo Hiroyasu
		[Kamo is the family name and Hiroyasu the given name.]

Visit your host, monkey.org