Re: hw.sensors question

On 5/14/06, Tor Houghton <torh_(_at_)_bogus_(_dot_)_net> wrote:
List,

This may sound daft, but the man pages don't appear to mention it. I have a
box that sometime gives me a warning about fan RPM failure (or rather, the
RPM is low, so sensorsd logs that it is outside the limits).

Thing is, sysctl doesn't show me a readout. E.g.

bash-3.00# sysctl hw.sensors.13
bash-3.00#
As it currently stands FAN sensors disappear when the fan fails or is
spinning very very slowly. Sensorsd understands this and reports the
failure.