[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: FYI, 1and1 hosting fun (ip subnet zero)
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: FYI, 1and1 hosting fun (ip subnet zero)
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 17:22:23 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
* Lars Hansson <lars_(_at_)_unet_(_dot_)_net_(_dot_)_ph> [2006-05-12 06:35]:
> On Friday 12 May 2006 02:58, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > These are, uh, quite large operations, and if there's a way to reduce
> > IP address use by 3/4 without putting a bunch of customers in the same
> > subnet that's probably a good thing.
> Wouldnt that be what VLAN's are for?
how does L2 partitioning help conserving L3 address space?
not related, here.
BS Web Services, http://www.bsws.de/
OpenBSD-based Webhosting, Mail Services, Managed Servers, ...
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.