[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Cisco, TCP problem, ISN selection... please help!
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Cisco, TCP problem, ISN selection... please help!
- From: Toni Mueller <openbsd-misc_(_at_)_oeko_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 12:00:29 +0200
- Cc: deraadt_(_at_)_cvs_(_dot_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
a while ago (1-2 yrs?) there was a big problem with Cisco trying to
push their fix for ISN attacks into being an IETF standard, and having
a patent on it, too (afair).
Unfortunately, I'm currently both _very_much_swamped_ AND also under
_HIGH_PRESSURE_ to dig this whole story up until this evening (just
heard that it is so). Theo made some comments about the
non-effectiveness of the Cisco fix at the time, and some more on how
and why OpenBSD is better.
If anyone could _please_ help me dig this story, I'd be very grateful.
Visit your host, monkey.org