[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Compilers make a system less secure?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Compilers make a system less secure?
- From: loki <loki_(_at_)_ucc_(_dot_)_asn_(_dot_)_au>
- Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 14:14:38 +0800
- Cc: pkplex_(_at_)_orcon_(_dot_)_net_(_dot_)_nz
- Reply-to: loki <loki_(_at_)_ucc_(_dot_)_asn_(_dot_)_au>
On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 04:21:41PM +1200, josh wrote:
Some people seem to think that installing a compiler inherently makes
their system less secure... despite never being able to cite any actual
If someone has enough access to your system to use a compiler (maliciously),
couldn't they just as easily download/install their own (compiler or pre-compiled