[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Via EPIA boards
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Via EPIA boards
- From: "Steve B" <steveb7_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 19:12:02 -0700
The memory controller on my P2B appears to have gone bad, so I'm looking to
replace it. I've seen a number of posts on various OBSD related sites about
these Via EPIA boards and their various benefits - low power, hardware
crypto, etc. They look like a nice replacement for my old board so I've been
looking around at logicsupply.com, idotpc.com and mini-itx.com. There are
probably other sites so if you've got them please share <g>. A couple of
questions come to mind as I plan a purchase:
1. How well supported are the C3 boards such as the M10000?
2. I'd like to switch to a nice 1U case. Logicsupply has Casetronic and
Morex cases which are nice; gtweb.net also has some. Other recommendations?
3. idotpc.com has a 1U case with a C3 and 256RAM for $299US. I'm sure there
are other nice package deals out there. Can anyone recommend a few?
4. Are the C7 boards supported in 3.9?
Visit your host, monkey.org