[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Via EPIA board/box
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Via EPIA board/box
- From: "Steve B" <steveb7_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 18:03:45 -0700
The memory controller on my P2B appears to have gone bad, so I'm looking to
replace it. I've seen a number of posts on various OBSD related sites about
these Via EPIA boards and their various benefits - low power, hardware
crypto, etc. They look like a nice replacement for my old board so I've been
looking around at logicsupply.com, idotpc.com and mini-itx.com. There are
probably other sites so if you've got them please share <g>. A couple fo
questions come to mind as I plan a purchase:
1. Should I wait for the C7 boards to come out?
2. I'd like to switch to a nice 1U case. Logicsupply has Casetronic and
Morex cases which are nice; gtweb.net also has some. Other recommendations?
3. idotpc.com has a 1U case with a C3 and 256RAM for $299US. I'm sure there
are other nice package deals out there. Can anyone recommend a few?
Visit your host, monkey.org