Re: PF and MS RDP trouble (help!)

On 4/9/06, Leonardo Rodrigues <leonardovcr2_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com> wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I'm having a bit of trouble trying to access a Windows 2003 server
> that is behind an OpenBSD 3.9 -current firewall.
>
> From the LAN, I can remote access the 2k3 server easily, by just
> opening the mstsc and entering the machine's IP (192.168.0.1).
> The problem is, I want to access the 2k3 server from home, and my PF
> rules aren't working =(
> I try to connect to the firewall's external IP via the ms terminal
> service client, but my connection times out...
>
> Here's my pf.conf
<snip ruleset>

What methods have you used to diagnose this?

Read the FAQ page and the man pages.
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/logging.html
/usr/bin/man pfctl pflogd tcpdump

Turn on logging for all block rules and start pflogd.  Then, try the
following command and retest the connection attempt:

/sbin/pflogd
/sbin/ifconfig pflog0 up
/usr/sbin/tcpdump -netttoi pflog0 port 3389

If you still can't find what's stopping the connection after examining
pflog0, send the output of the following command back to the list:

/sbin/pfctl -vvvsa