Re: strange lockup problem with firefox + dual head display

On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 05:02:42PM -0400, Blair Sadewitz wrote:
> Also, I should add that I have been using firefox in a single-head
> setup for a while now and it has yet to crash.  Thus, I think it's
> safe to say that the freezing does correlate with my using a
> dual-headed configuration.

Since nobody else responded, here goes nothing...

ISTR there being some problems with certain graphics libraries and
dual-headed configuration - Firefox uses GTK+, IIRC, and the ports
dependencies support this.

You could try to narrow down the problem by using other GTK+-based
applications, especially some that use a lot of graphics; if those show
the same problem, but stuff that doesn't use GTK+ doesn't (for instance,
plain xterm but also Qt-based apps; most of KDE, that is), it's likely
to be a GTK+ problem.

If this is the case, you could try upgrading GTK+ (from -current, for
instance) to see if the problem goes away (though that is not
supported), and/or file a bug report.

It might also be Firefox-specific, in which case upgrading to -current
might help as well.

In either case, do report back! This is something that could bear a
little debugging.

		Joachim

Visit your host, monkey.org