Re: why is there . [dot] in default PATH?

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 08:56:39PM +0100, Jon Kent wrote:
> Can see your point here, but I prefer to play on the paranoid side of
> fence hence my dislike of this.  I'm not sure it should be there by
> default, rather if you like it you should add it.

Inexperienced users might add it to the beginning of PATH,
so having it at the end by default is a reasonable compromise.

Anyone with enough experience to know why they want it removed
also has enough experience to remove it themselves.

Regards,
Andrew Dalgleish

Visit your host, monkey.org