Re: SGI O2 R12000 [SOLVED]

On 25/03/06, Per Fogelstrvm <pefo_(_at_)_opsycon_(_dot_)_se> wrote:
> On Friday 24 March 2006 08.36, David Coppa wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 22:15 +0000, Miod Vallat wrote:
> >
> > > There is currently no X server support on sgi O2. This is being worked
> > > on, but don't hold your breath.
> >
> > I'm wondering if I can have X by putting a "normal" graphic card in a
> > free PCI slot. Any suggestion?
> >

> It's possible if someone want's to play around with it.

I've tested with a normal PCI gfx without any luck. Looks like no
signal is sent to the "external" PCI graphics card.

And I don't know if there are any options that has to be changed to
activate a external graphics card on SGIs since I don't even get the
bootup screen when I power on the computer.

Anyone who have had a external _normal_ 32bit PCI card working on R12000?

pefo mentioned that he didn't know of support for any external pci
graphics on SGIs, (but..) there still might be a workaround.
/bkw