[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: why is there . [dot] in default PATH?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: why is there . [dot] in default PATH?
- From: Han Boetes <han_(_at_)_mijncomputer_(_dot_)_nl>
- Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 23:51:17 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Jon Kent wrote:
> This one kinda supprised me. When I was looking around by new
> 3.8 install I noticed that in /etc/skel/.profile that PATH
> contains a . in it, which I found supprising as I've always
> assumed that this was not a sensible thing to do. I've taken it
> out as I'm not too happy when having the current directory in
> the path.
> Any ideas why this is there?
As long as it is at the end of your PATH it's not that bad.
Visit your host, monkey.org