[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
why is there . [dot] in default PATH?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: why is there . [dot] in default PATH?
- From: Jon Kent <jon_(_at_)_littledaemons_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:10:30 +0100
- Organization: littledaemons.org
- Reply-to: jon_(_at_)_littledaemons_(_dot_)_org
This one kinda supprised me. When I was looking around by new 3.8
install I noticed that in /etc/skel/.profile that PATH contains a . in
it, which I found supprising as I've always assumed that this was not a
sensible thing to do. I've taken it out as I'm not too happy when
having the current directory in the path.
Any ideas why this is there?