Re: Sys-Admin vs Network Admin

On 3/31/06, A Rossi <yobliattar_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com> wrote:> <snip> given that I'm not
sweeping the floors
> or mowing his lawn, I'm managing his disorganized mess of a network.
> And that job is like a sweatshop, because my employer, a small business
> owner with franchisees, asks me to set up services that are still far
> beyond my abilities: e.g a VPN that allows him to log into his workgroup
most all of us did our time in suboptimal positions at one time or another.
get some paper (any will do, bsdcertification.org, compTIA, a CCNA)
and get the ball rolling so-to-speak...

On 3/31/06, Lars Hansson <lars_(_at_)_unet_(_dot_)_net_(_dot_)_ph> wrote:
> As opposed to popular opinion  not EVERYONE lives in the U.S. Chances are
> 30$/h could be a very respectable salary if you take into account the the
> cost of living in the area.
> Btw, I think you got your replies mixed up, Greg didnt say anything about
> salaries.

You are quite right there, I work amidst the telecom valley. No mixup, just
sloppy quoting.

Visit your host, monkey.org