wireless configuration (dhcp, wep) during install

Hi,

I'm trying to install 3.8 on my iBook from the bootable cd. I'm using a Netgear MA111 wireless card for my network interface. It's recognized by OpenBSD as wi0, and I select it as my the interface I'd like to configure. Our internet connection is shared by Airport using 128-bit WEP. When the installer asks me for the IPv4 address for wi0, I chose dhcp. Then it starts polling the following:

DHCP DISCOVER on wi0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 2
DHCP DISCOVER on wi0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 4
DHCP DISCOVER on wi0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 11

etc. I assume that means the wireless card is trying to find a network to join? This went on for a long time so I hit ctrl-c and tried

ifconfig wi0 nwid MyNetwork nwkey 0xmyreallylonghexkey

It returned saying "Numerical argument out of domain." Does this mean 128-bit WEP is not supported from the install disc or do I need to do something else to get my network going for the install? I appreciate any help.

Marcus

Visit your host, monkey.org