[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: a stupid question, and OT to boot
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: a stupid question, and OT to boot
- From: David Benfell <benfell_(_at_)_cybernude_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:49:30 -0800
- Cc: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 22:34:28 -0600, Julesg wrote:
> Because I want to discover the IP address at box REMOTE.
Probably the easiest way is to run tcpdump. You'll want options to
limit the output to ICMP traffic. "man tcpdump" for details.
If, however, REMOTE's IP address is in a network address translation
scheme, and LOCAL is outside that network address translation scheme,
you will only be able to discover the IP address that REMOTE's router
assigns to it.
> Sorry, I will try to keep OT stuff to a bare minimum, and if I get complaints I will stop.
Why is this off topic?
David Benfell, LCP
Resume available at http://www.parts-unknown.org/
Visit your host, monkey.org