Re: a stupid question, and OT to boot

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 22:34:28 -0600, Julesg wrote:

> Because I want to discover the IP address at box REMOTE.

Probably the easiest way is to run tcpdump.  You'll want options to
limit the output to ICMP traffic.  "man tcpdump" for details.

If, however, REMOTE's IP address is in a network address translation
scheme, and LOCAL is outside that network address translation scheme,
you will only be able to discover the IP address that REMOTE's router
assigns to it.

> Sorry, I will try to keep OT stuff to a bare minimum, and if I get complaints I will stop.

Why is this off topic?

--
David Benfell, LCP
benfell_(_at_)_parts-unknown_(_dot_)_org

Visit your host, monkey.org