[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Alpha Disklabel Question
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Alpha Disklabel Question
- From: Jason McIntyre <jmc_(_at_)_kerhand_(_dot_)_co_(_dot_)_uk>
- Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 22:14:34 +0000
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 01:50:48PM -0800, J.C. Roberts wrote:
> (2) When doing the installation disklabel, the "suggested" starting
> offset for the 'a' partition is 0? I know using an offset of 0 is
> discouraged on i386 and other systems (default is 63), so I figured I'd
> ask if using a 0 offset is the "best/correct" way for alpha?
i'm going to let nick answer this (you're reading, right nick? ;)
*i* don't know, but i'd like to know the answer.
faq 14.10 says, at one point: "Notice that the offset starts at 63. This
is what you want."
i'm trying to find where we document *why* 63 is "what you want" and if