Subject: Re: KWordd - correction
Date: Sunday 04 December 2005 17:01
From: David Faure <faure_(_at_)_kde_(_dot_)_org>
To: For developer's discussion about KOffice <koffice-devel_(_at_)_kde_(_dot_)_org>

On Sunday 04 December 2005 18:12, Dave Feustel wrote:
> I typed the output wrong.
>
> The messages I see on my console when I exit KDE are
>
> KWrited - Listening on Device /dev/ttyp0
> Launched ok, pid=<pid1>
> Launched ok, pid=<pid2>
>
> These messages could be coming from instances of kwrite launched
> from konqueror.

No they aren't.
This is from the "write" daemon (see man write (1)), which has nothing to do
 with kwrite.

Something is sending a system-wide message, could be some startup script on
 your system or something; maybe completely unrelated to kde; certainly
 completely unrelated to koffice...

PS: please use koffice_(_at_)_kde_(_dot_)_org for this kind of questions, thanks.

Build Operating System: OpenBSD 3.8 i386 [ELF]
Current Operating System: OpenBSD a.verizon.net 3.8 GENERIC#138 i386
Build Date: 01 September 2005
        Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.X.Org
Module Loader present
        (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Sat Dec  3 09:08:37 2005
(EE) Unable to locate/open config file
xf86AutoConfig: Primary PCI is 1:0:0
Running "/usr/X11R6/bin/getconfig -X 60802000
-I /etc/X11,/usr/X11R6/etc/X11,/usr/X11R6/
lib/modules,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/getconfig -v 0x1002 -d 0x5046 -r 0x00 -s 0x1002
-b 0x0404
 -c 0x0300"
getconfig.pl: Version 1.0.
getconfig.pl: Xorg Version: 6.8.2.0.
getconfig.pl: 23 built-in rules.
getconfig.pl: rules file '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/getconfig/xorg.cfg' has version
1.0.
getconfig.pl: 1 rule added from file '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/getconfig/xorg.cfg'.
getconfig.pl: Evaluated 24 rules with 0 errors.
getconfig.pl: Weight of result is 500.
New driver is "ati"
(==) Using default built-in configuration (53 lines)
(EE) Failed to load module "fbdev" (module does not exist, 0)
(EE) R128(0): No DFP detected
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing from
list!
startkde: Starting up...
kbuildsycoca running...
kdecore (KProcess): WARNING: chownpty failed for device /dev/ptyp0::/dev/ttyp0
This means the communication can be eavesdropped.
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Unable to resolve symbol
[init_kdnssd]
SetClientVersion: 0 8
kdeinit:/usr/local/lib/kde3/kcm_laptop.so: undefined symbol
'_ZN15laptop_portable18get_b
attery_statusERiR11QStringListS2_S2_'
kdeinit: /usr/local/lib/kde3/kcm_laptop.so: can't resolve reference
'_ZN15laptop_portabl
e18get_battery_statusERiR11QStringListS2_S2_'
kdeinit:/usr/local/lib/kde3/kcm_laptop.so: undefined symbol
'_ZN15laptop_portable7has_la
vEv'
kdeinit: /usr/local/lib/kde3/kcm_laptop.so: can't resolve reference
'_ZN15laptop_portabl
e7has_lavEv'
kdeinit:/usr/local/lib/kde3/kcm_laptop.so: undefined symbol
'_ZN15laptop_portable20has_s
oftware_suspendEi'
kdeinit: /usr/local/lib/kde3/kcm_laptop.so: can't resolve reference
'_ZN15laptop_portabl
e20has_software_suspendEi'
kdeinit:/usr/local/lib/kde3/kcm_laptop.so: undefined symbol
'_ZN15laptop_portable7has_ap
mEi'
kdeinit: /usr/local/lib/kde3/kcm_laptop.so: can't resolve reference
'_ZN15laptop_portabl
e7has_apmEi'
kdeinit:/usr/local/lib/kde3/kcm_laptop.so: undefined symbol
'_ZN15laptop_portable8has_ac
piEi'
kdeinit: /usr/local/lib/kde3/kcm_laptop.so: can't resolve reference
'_ZN15laptop_portabl
e8has_acpiEi'
/dev/apmctl: Permission denied
kdecore (KProcess): WARNING: chownpty failed for device /dev/ptyp1::/dev/ttyp1
This means the communication can be eavesdropped.
konsole: WARNING: Unable to use /usr/local/share/apps/konsole/linux.desktop
konsole: WARNING: Unable to use /usr/local/share/apps/konsole/mc.desktop
konsole: WARNING: Unable to use /usr/local/share/apps/konsole/sumc.desktop
gpgmeplug checkMessageSignature status flags: 80
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Unable to resolve symbol
[PKCS7_content_free]
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Unable to resolve symbol
[OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms]
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Unable to resolve symbol
[OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_conf]
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Unable to resolve symbol
[OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf]
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Unable to resolve symbol
[PKCS7_content_free]
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Unable to resolve symbol
[OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms]
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Unable to resolve symbol
[OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_conf]
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Unable to resolve symbol
[OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf]
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Unable to resolve symbol
[PKCS7_content_free]
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Unable to resolve symbol
[OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms]
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Unable to resolve symbol
[OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_conf]
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Unable to resolve symbol
[OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf]
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype
application/x-activex-handler not found
kdecore (KSocket): WARNING: Error listening on socket: -1
kdecore (KSocket): WARNING: Error listening on socket: -1
kdecore (KSocket): WARNING: Error listening on socket: -1
KTempFile: Error trying to create /tmp/kde-daf/khtmlcacheXXXXXX.tmp: Too many
open files
kdecore (KSocket): WARNING: Error listening on socket: -1
KTempFile: Error trying to create /tmp/kde-daf/khtmlcacheXXXXXX.tmp: Too many
open files
kdecore (KSocket): WARNING: Error listening on socket: -1
kdecore (KSocket): WARNING: Error listening on socket: -1
kparts: WARNING: Part '' has a widget unnamed with a focus policy of NoFocus.
It should have at least
a ClickFocus policy, for part activation to work well.
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype
application/x-activex-handler not found
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype
application/x-activex-handler not found
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype
application/x-activex-handler not found
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype
application/x-activex-handler not found
kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Could not write data
kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Could not write data
kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Could not write data
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype
application/x-activex-handler not found
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype
application/x-activex-handler not found
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype
application/x-activex-handler not found
kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Could not write data
kparts: WARNING: Part '' has a widget unnamed with a focus policy of NoFocus.
It should have at least
a ClickFocus policy, for part activation to work well.
kmail: WARNING: KMMessagePart::bodyDecoded(): body is binary but used as text!
kmail: WARNING: KHtmlPartHtmlWriter: write() called in Ended or Queued state!
gpgmeplug checkMessageSignature status flags: 80
gpgmeplug checkMessageSignature status flags: 80
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Unable to resolve symbol
[init_libkmidpart]
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: The library libkmidpart does not offer an
init_libkmidpart function.
konqueror: WARNING: There was an error loading the module KMid.
The diagnostics is:
The library libkmidpart does not offer an init_libkmidpart function.
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Unable to resolve symbol
[PKCS7_content_free]
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Unable to resolve symbol
[OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms]
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Unable to resolve symbol
[OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_conf]
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Unable to resolve symbol
[OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf]
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
startkde: Shutting down...
klauncher: Exiting on signal 1
startkde: Running shutdown scripts...
startkde: Done.