Re: know any neat tricks for 2 * dhclient?

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:42:43 -0500, Graham Toal wrote:

> What I expected was that the first would sleep for a
> short time then ask again, and get it OK.  I haven't seen that happen -
> about 30 minutes later and the interface still has no IP.

[This goes vastly OT, I know:]

I am blank astonished that it seems to be impossible to get two
independent NICs picking up their IPs from different networks; or even the
same network, that is.
What is wrong in my understanding, that if I plug 7 NICs and connect them
(or do not connect them) to a DHCP server, that all of them independently
try to get an IP ?

Uwe